Book Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer

Title: Cress ( The Lunar Chronicles #3)
Author:
Marissa Meyer
Publishing info: 
February  4th, 2014 by Feiwel and Friends
Genre's:
Young Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Retelling, Dystopian
My rating:
5/5
Add to Goodreads:
click here
Provided by:
Bought paperback copy from Barnes & Noble
Buy:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible
Synopsis:
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a higher price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
 



“Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them. I’m beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don’t just happen. We have to make them ourselves.”  

My Thought's

★★★★★


Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Stars above! This series has really captivated me! Marissa Meyer is back again with yet another addictive read in The Lunar Chronicles Series, and it is just as adventurous, witty, and romancey! Cress, book 3 picks up after book 2 left off. The gang is gonna go rescue the girl in the satellite. Like with Cinder and Scarlet, our girl Cress will represent a Disney princess. This time it is Rapunzel. She has been locked away in a space satellite most of her life. Now Cinder, Thorne, Iko, Scarlet, and Wolf are going to rescue her as she can help with their plan to overthrow queen Levana. With these guys though things never seem to go exactly as planned and they soon find their group split up and things not looking good for their revolution.


I think one of my absolute favorite things about this series besides all the action, twists, and witty dialogue(specially THORNE!)  would be the romance and princess/prince retelling spin it has. With book one it was Cinder and Kia who I adored and represented Cinderella and Prince Charming, then in book 2 it was Scarlet and Wolf who represented Beauty and the Beast and whom quickly grew on me. In Cress, our princess is of course Cress and she represents Rapunzel and like the other gets her own love interest. Cress is paired with Thorne and at first I was honestly kind of bummed because I was secretly shipping him with Iko but after these two spend most of the book together I found I adored them almost as much as Cinder and Kia. Plus I can totally see it now after thinking of Tangled. Rapunzel's love interest was a thief ;) I am really rooting for these two by the end. Marissa Meyer has a way of writing couples you can't help but fall in love with!


The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer has been a really fun ride I don't ever want to end!!! I am so sad to know the next book will be the last! I know there's a novella book, Stars Above which I will read, but Winter is the last actually book in the series *sigh* I will be sad to see these amazing character's go. They have quickly become apart of me. If you haven't read The Lunar Chronicles yet then you really should! I highly recommend it! It's a epic mixture of scifi, dystopian, romance, and action! A total Star Wars/Terminator/Disney Princess badass story!

-Amanda Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Copyright © 2016 Hearts Stories , Blogger