Book Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas

Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses ( A Court of Thorns and Roses #1)
Author:
Sarah J Maas
Publishing info:
May 5th, 2015 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Genre's:
New Adult, Fantasy, Romance
My rating:
5/5
Add to Goodreads:
click here
Provided by:
Bought hardback copy from Barnes & Noble
Buy:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible
Synopsis:
When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.




"Be glad of your human heart, Feyre. Pity those who don't feel anything at all.”  

My Thought's

★★★★★

After reading so many raving reviews on this book I just knew I had to get my hands on it.I am ecstatic I did! it was FABULOUS! This was honestly my first ever book by Sarah J Maas and after devouring it very quickly I can see why she has such a huge fan base!

For me what makes a book the greatest is the character's. If you can make me love them so much I would read about their everyday lives forever, well than you are my new bestie author, and Sarah J Mass accomplished just that. I need more Freya, Tamlin, Lucien, and Rhysand now!!!!

Maas created a world I will never forget in A Court of Thorns and Roses. She took one of my favorite fairy tales, Beauty and the Beast, and changed it into something alluring, yet dark, and mesmerizing. Also her take on Faeries was epic. I haven't read a book centered on the Fey this great since The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa!

I'm not one for comparing stories, and I'm not with this, but in the beginning the story starts off with a Hunger Games/Katniss feeling. Freya is on the hunt, trying to provide for her family, whom she swore to protect. I think that's why I loved Freya's character so much. She reminded me a bit of Katniss but even more tough. Freya experiences fear like everyone but she doesn't show it.

The romance was all consuming. Almost too much at times but Feyre and Tamlin had major chemistry. Plus what girl doesn't like an all consuming love sometimes. It's nice to get lost in the romance. The only thing I would wish was that Feyre wasn't so much the damsel and distress when she's with Tam. I see such this strong girl behind her but when she is with Tamlin she is so lost in him. The things she does for his love is scary. I am all for burning the world down to save the one you love (like Daemon threatened for Kat in Lux Series by Jennifer L Armentrout), but damn Feyre crosses a dark side.

Now, I don't know if that's the route Sarah J Maas will take, but there's another character, Rhysand who seems to show interest in Freya and at times they share some pretty heated moments. I'm not sure if there's gonna be a love Triangle. Part of me actually hopes so, If done right I am a huge fan. Will, Jem, and Tessa from Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare being an example. Rhys is just so damn alluring and sexy too so there's that and I just can't help it! Another part just hopes they don't though because Freya and Tamlin's love story was so perfect I don't want it ruined so if it is done, Sarah better do it right. Hopefully Maas gives Rhys his own love interest or hey Just write me into the story! I'll take him! He is defiantly on my top Book Boyfriends list! So all you Tamlin ladies I love him too but he's yours. I'll take Rhysand ;)

I was hooked on this book from the first page until the last. Sarah J Mass's writing makes you feel like you are apart of the story as you follow Freya on her adventure in Prythian. The character's are all consuming to, never leaving your thoughts. There's a kick ass heroine, tense romance, magic, epic battles, and hott book boyfriends! What's not to love! I highly recommend!

Amanda Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Copyright © 2016 Hearts Stories , Blogger