Book Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Title: Cinder ( The Lunar Chronicles #1)
Author:
Marissa Meyer
Publishing info: 
January 3rd, 2012 by Feiwel and Friends
Genre's:
Young Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Retelling, Dystopian
My rating:
5/5
Add to Goodreads:
click here
Provided by:
Bought paperback copy from Barnes & Noble
Buy:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible
Synopsis:
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.



“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”  

My Thought's

★★★★★


The Lunar Chronicles series has been recommended to me for over a year now actually. I have even owned them for about 6 months now too I just never really got around to them. It wasn't until I read Marissa Meyer's Heartless and fell in love with her writing and characters, that I decided it was time to finally read The Lunar Chronicles. I am really glad I did. Now I just keep asking myself why I waited so long to be lost in this magnificent world of Cinderella meet Star Wars! Cinder actually reminded me of young Anakin, before he becomes a Jedi and slowly starts to change. Marissa Meyer's may have gotten her influence a bit from Cinderella and Star Wars but Cinder is it's own unique story that will quickly have you lost in it!

The whole concept of Cinderella being a cyborg was really cool. As a scifi geek who has a inner Disney princess love, it really made me all giddy. Her version of Prince Charming aka Prince Kai was just dreamy too! My love for shipping really had me cheering for these to from the start. The romance wasn't over the top and in no way the focus either which is what I love the most about it. I like my romance to be more of a side action, but still defiantly a lot of chemistry and Cinder and Kai didn't lack that!

Iko was probably my favorite character. What happens really breaks my heart. They way Humans always seem to think they are better than others really gets under my skin. We walk around like we are the kings of the world and all the while we destroy it. I would have totally been a cyborg supporter in this world! So many times when Cinder's stepmother was being cruel I just wanted to go inside this book and slap the shit out of her. Give her a real good talking to about compassion and true humanity. Cinder deserved so much better than what she got, specially when you find out who she is! I absolutely loved that twist!

Marissa Meyer's stories are some adventures! She really knows how to take some of our favorite childhood fairytales and twist them into something spectacular for our olderselfs! I can not wait to continue on with The Lunar Chronicles. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves young adult scifi and retellings!





Amanda Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Copyright © 2016 Hearts Stories , Blogger