Book Review: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury ( A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)
Author:
Sarah J Maas
Publishing info:
May 3rd, 2016 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Genre's:
New Adult, Fantasy, Romance
My rating:
5/5
Add to Goodreads:
click here
Provided by:
Bought hardback copy from Barnes & Noble
Buy:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible
Synopsis:
Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.


“The issue isn’t whether he loved you, it’s how much. Too much. Love can be a poison.”

My Thought's

★★★★★


Yea it's official I will buy any book with Sarah J Maas's name on it from now on! That women can create some epic characters and worlds! I absolutely loved A Court of Mist and Fury, and even more than the first, which is so rare! I can't wait to get my hands on book 3. By far one of my favorite series and top 5 books I read in 2016!

Sarah J Maas's writing is profoundly beautiful. She has a way of just sweeping you into her world and character's from page one until the last page which usually leaves you desperately wanting more. I am really glad I pushed this book back on my read list. If I had read it when it came out, it would have been pure torture waiting a year for the next installment. As it is, waiting the 5 months till May is horrific.

When we last left Feyre in book one, A Court of Thorns and Roses, she was madly in love with Tamlin and had just done an unthinkable act to save him and his people. Feyre will never be the same, nor will Tamlin. That unthinkable act under the mountain is about to drive a wedge between Feyre and Tamlin and pushes her right into the arms of High Lord of The Night Court, Rhysand. Believe it or not, but Tamlin's love for Feyre becomes toxic. Watching her die has broken something in him and the thought of her ever getting hurt again terrifies him so much he is willing to lock her up in the house, literally to keep her out of harms reach. His intentions may be honorable but he fails to see that keeping her sheltered is slowly killing her. Feyre deep at heart is a fighter, that's why she was able to do what she did under the mountain for those she loves. She can't just be sheltered as a damsel in distress. Rhysand sees that and so he rescues her from slowly dying and helps bring her back to life by showing her the badass she can be! I absolutely loved Rhys and Feyre's relationship in this book! In book one I really loved Tamlin and Feyre and didn't really want a love triangle but after this book I am totally ok with it and totally on board the Rhys and Feyre ship! I actually kind of liked the too much love can be a poison concept. It's one that isn't explored much in books but totally realistic.
We also get to see a bunch of new character's in this book. Rhysands squad is what I call them: Morrigan, Cassian, Raziel, and Amren. They were awesome sauce!!! I enjoyed them immensely and can't wait to see them in book 3! I am really really hoping for a Cassian/Nesta(Feyre's sister) ship! I can totally see it!

The one disappointment I had with this book was not enough Lucien. I really enjoyed his and Feyre's friendship and book one and I didn't see why he had to be so cold and distant in this book. After his events with Feyre's sister in this book though, which by the way totally took me by surprise, I am really hoping to see more of him in book 3.


Have you read this one yet? What are your thoughts? If you haven't yet, or book one, A Court of Thorns and Roses then pick it up now! You won't regret it! I highly recommend to all fans of YA Fantasy with epic romance twists!





Amanda Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Copyright © 2016 Hearts Stories , Blogger