Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had more Story/Character/World Building in Them!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week has a new prompt to base your top ten off of. You can find the prompts and more info here.



This week's Prompt:
Books I Wish Had More Story/Character/World Building in Them!

Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry for my major lack of posting over the last few days. I missed a few feature posts. It was a crazy weekend and I barely got any reading down either :(. Hopefully everyone else had better weekends! Anyway this weeks Top Ten is Books you wish had more or less of something. I went with story, world, and character building because last year I read quite a few books that turned out to be good but they could have been great if not just for more detail on the world, story and characters.  So here we go! Here is my list:

Books I Wish Had More Detail/World Building:

  1. Ensnared by Rita Stradling - This one I actually received from Netgalley for an honest review which will be up soon. I really enjoyed it but I can't help but be some what disappointment at the lack of world and character building. It is yet to be published though and I do look forward to buying it once it is and seeing how the finish product is!
  2. War of Princes series by A.R Ivanovich - I read this one last year and enjoyed each book but at the end I felt like is was just good yet if it had just did a little more story/character building it would have been great!
  3. The Prophecy of Arcadia by M.H Soars - Like the above book I did enjoy this one but it was just good. It needed more world building to be great and mostly character building for this one. I found myself not as attached to the character's as I hope to be.
  4. The Holder series by Julianna Scott - I got confused at times or lack of interest because of the lack of detail for building up the story, world, and character's. I had high hopes for this one and was disappointed to be let down. I haven't continued with the series since, but it was still good and one day I will. Hopefully it improves.
  5. A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest - As a huge fangirl of vampires since Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I was 8, and then went on to love Twilight and Vampire Diaries I had really hoped to love this series as the hype for it all seemed great. I was very disappointed to quit with the series after book 2 and really have no hopes for continuing. The lack of everything but just romance and not even a good one at that really bummed me. It could have been epic! Oh well. Just my honest opinion.
  6. Firelight by Sophie Jordan - I really enjoyed this one when I read it. It was my first dragon shapeshifting type book. It wasn't until shortly after that I read a few others that I got kind of bummed because this series could have been so much better with a little more detail. None the less I did enjoy it!
  7. Matched Series by Ally Condie - I read this series after going on a dystopian binge and after reading Hunger Games, and Divergent I was disappointed in this one. It lacked the world and character building that both Hunger Games and Divergent had which is a shame because it could have been really great if it did have it.
  8. Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton - I really enjoyed this one, the only thing it was really lack was character building. I really wish the character's were developed more and it could have made it on one of my favorite lists!
  9. The 100 series by Kass Morgan - I had decided to read this after watching the tv show which I am a bit obsessed with. It is a lot different than the book, and better. Besides the romance of Bellamy and Clarke which I adored I though the books really lacked the world and character building that the show offered.
  10. Lark by Erica Cope - This is another one I really enjoyed a lot. It could have though been that much better as well as on my favorites list if it just had more world and character building.


LET'S CHAT! Have you read any of these? What do you think? Any books you wish had more story/world/character building? Did you do a #TopTenTuesday? If so link up below!

-Amanda Margaret

2 comments:

  1. I have to recommend the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist, and then The Empire Trilogy by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts if you are looking for superb worldbuilding and character development. The Wheel of Time has a lot of books, but the character development, the worldbuilding and plots are incredible. Can't recommend it enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you tons for recommendation!!! I will check those out for sure! Character and world development are some of the most important factors to create a epic story for me!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      -Amanda

      Delete

Search This Blog

Copyright © 2016 Hearts Stories , Blogger